SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION H001, FRANCONIA-SPRINGFIELD ROUTE. WETLAND CONSTRUCTION. REPORT NO. 2
Results are presented here of eight borings made in a parcel of land immediately west of Metro trackage roughly between Stations 842+ 00 and 863+ 00 in Section H001, Franconia-Springfield Route, running parallel to the existing Richmond Fredericksburg and Potomac Railroad trackage in the City of Alexandria, Virginia. The investigation was done in connection with a study to evaluate the feasibility of wetland creation in this parcel of land with the purpose of mitigating the wetland impact associated with Metro construction in this segment of Section H001. The report contains a boring location plan, geological sections through the borings, logs of these borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples and recommendations on the potential usage of the excavated material as general borrow for fill in Metro embankments.
- See also PB83-141598. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Mueser Rutledge Consulting Engineers708 3rd Avenue
New York, NY United States 10017
- Publication Date: 1989-11-27
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Construction; Excavations; Geological surveying; Records management; Samples; Sampling; Soils; Trackage rights; Water mains; Wetlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction problems; Soil sampling; Subsurface explorations; Test results
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00497046
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRCE-89-218
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1991 12:00AM