PROCEDURES MANUAL. VOLUME 1: HEALTH PHYSICS, QUALITY CONTROL, AND WASTE HANDLING PROCEDURES
Procedures are detailed for health physics, quality control and waste handling in relation to the N.S. Savannah. A Health Physics Department has been established within the servicing and maintenance organization for the N.S. Savannah to provide the proper protection of personnel and property from the hazards associated with the presence of radioactive materials. The department's organization and personnel responsibilities are described. Procedures are given for controlled areas, personnel monitoring and protection, radiological surveys, environmental monitoring, radiological instrumentation, decontamination, radioactive material and control, completion and use of health physics records and forms, and radiation incidents and emergencies. Quality control procedures are given on cleanliness, welding, inspection, and testing of various components. Waste handling procedures are given for removal, transfer, storage, processing, and replacement of waste material; decontamination of radioactive components, tools and equipment; and handling of contaminated components and protective clothing.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number T-6-P-Vol-1. See MRIS-026490, Vol 2.
Todd Shipyards CorporationNuclear Division
New York, NY USA
- Publication Date: 1962-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 287 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Nuclear powered ships; Quality control; Radiation doses; Radioactive wastes; Waste disposal
- Old TRIS Terms: Radiological safety
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026489
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-2206
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM