RESULTS OF TCAS 2 SIMULATIONS IN RECONSTRUCTED NEAR MISSES (7/86 TO 6/86)
ERGEBNISSE DER TCAS II-SIMULATION IN REKONSTRUIERTEN GEFAERLICHEN BEGEGNUNGEN (7/86 BIS 6/89)
This report describes investigations of traffic movements in controlled airspaces when the Bundesanstalt fuer Flugsicherung received a report of a near miss. The work focused on an analysis of the effectiveness of a TCAS 2 on-board traffic alert and collision avoidance system during the near misses concerned. A proposal for a 'provisional standard' for ACAS 2 has been available to ICAO since April 1989: the task in the coming approx. 5 years will be to validate and possibly modify the system on the basis of actual traffic events. The results in this report are intended as a step in this direction.
Technical University of Braunschweig, West GermanyPockelstrasse 14
D-3300 Braunschweig, Germany
- Herber, A
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Airspace (Aeronautics); Airspace (Law); Crash avoidance systems; Near crashes; Near midair crashes; Simulation; Traffic flow
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00497012
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM