VISCOMATIC (TRADE NAME): A THIRD GENERATION FOUR-WHEEL-DRIVE SYSTEM
The external controllability of a viscous coupling was investigated. Simultaneously with the rig tests, a test vehicle was prepared, which included the development of a control logic for the microprocessor control system. The concept of the Viscomatic being a combination of a planetary gear and a viscous coupling with a stationary external housing was the main objective of the tests. With a manually adjustible viscous coupling, the driving behavior of the test vehicle may be varied within a wide range. With automatic control, the vehicle reaction is always clearly defined and easy to handle.
Motor Industry Research AssociationWatling Street
Nuneaton CV10 0TU, Warwickshire, England
- Lanzer, H
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Control systems; Couplers; Four wheel drive; Gears; Housings; Manual control; Microprocessors; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicle tests; Viscosity
- Old TRIS Terms: Control conditions; Vehicle responses
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00496995
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIRA-1990/59
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM