OBJECTIVE MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION PROCEDURES FOR THE DRIVING CHARACTERISTICS OF GERMAN ARMY COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
The Research Department of the Institute for Traffic Safety of TUV Rheinland formulates traffic and technical vehicle test procedures. In this respect, objective measurements and subjective evaluations of the dynamic driving characteristics of vehicles have been undertaken for more than a decade. The project described was undertaken to determine if, following appropriate modification, the standard test precedures for motor-cars could be applicable to German Army commercial vehicles of total permissable weights ranging from 1.6 to 96 tons. It was first necessary to formulate category-related specific test conditions and evaluation criteria and to validate them on selected vehicles.
- Pub. in Automobil-Industrie, Mar 87.
Motor Industry Research AssociationWatling Street
Nuneaton CV10 0TU, Warwickshire, England
- Ehlich, J
- ROMPE, K
- Schussler, J
- Publication Date: 1987
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial vehicles; Military vehicles; Research projects; Technology; Test procedures; Testing; Vehicle performance; Vehicle tests
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Society; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00496986
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIRA-1990/08
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM