RIDE COMFORT AND ROAD SURFACE ROUGHNESS
In recent years roads have become more even, especially in the short wave range. The vibration behavior of vehicles for the long wave range has to be improved. Inter alia, this could be achieved by lower natural body frequencies and by optimizing the vibration damper. The nuisance factor in the short wave range nowadays is engine vibrations caused by road surface unevennesses, the so-called engine-shake.
Motor Industry Research AssociationWatling Street
Nuneaton CV10 0TU, Warwickshire, England
- Mitschke, M
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Dampers; Damping (Physics); Engine performance; Natural frequency; Pavements; Roughness; Smoothness; Stochastic processes; Surface course (Pavements); Vehicle performance; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement smoothness
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00496977
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MIRA-1990/12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM