DUTCH CONFLICT OBSERVATION TECHNIQUE 'DOCTOR'
NEDERLANDSE CONFLICTOBSERVATIETECHNIEK 'DOCTOR'
Conflict observation techniques are being used for different purposes. They can be applied to problems in traffic flow and traffic safety by: detection and analysis of problems; determination of countermeasures; and evaluation of the effects of these countermeasures. In the Netherlands the Conflict Observation Technique Doctor was developed by the Institute for Perception and the Institute for Road Safety Research. The report is written for the academic course in Transport Sciences as an introduction for the use of the Doctor technique.
- Available outside the North American Continent from Institute for Road Safety SWOW, P.O. Box 170, 2260 AD Leidschendam, The Netherlands.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- KRAAY, J H
- VAN DER HORST, ARA
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Conflict (Psychology); Countermeasures; Modulus of elasticity; Problem identification; Traffic flow; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Observation
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I82: Accidents and Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00496964
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-88-7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1990 12:00AM