ICE SENSORS AND INFORMATION SIGNING
Two commercially available ice detector systems together with informational signs were installed on a long bridge structure over a wide waterway. The systems were monitored for three winter seasons in order to evaluate their sensitivity and efficiency.
- Prepared in cooperation with Federal Highway Administration, Washington, D.C.
Oklahoma Department of HighwaysJim Thorp Building
Oklahoma City, OK United States 73105
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Nelson, T I
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge waterways; Cold weather; Detectors; Economic efficiency; Highway bridges; Ice; Monitoring; Operations; Performance; Sensitivity; Sensors; Signs; Symbols; Warning signs; Winter
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Sign legend
- Geographic Terms: Oklahoma
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Economics; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00094637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM