TERMINAL PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
This report summarizes and assesses the presentations made and the discussions held during a two-day seminar on the Measurement of Terminal Performance which was conducted under the auspices of the Labor/Management Task Force on Rail Transportation. The seminar was held in Chicago on May 21 and 22, 1975. The written material submitted by the participants is reproduced in the Appendices. The main part of the report consists of a comparison of the similarities and differences between the various systems, together with an assessment of the seminar and a list of conclusions and recommendations. It was prepared by and is based on the interpretations and judgements of the St. Louis Project Team of the Task Force. It does not necessarily reflect the opinions expressed by all of those attending the seminar.
- Requests should be directed to Mr. D.M. Collins, Secretary, Labor/Management Task Force on Rail Transportation, FRA.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001-1564
Missouri Pacific Railroad CompanyMissouri Pacific Building, 210 North 13th Street
St Louis, MO United States 63103
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Railroad Labor Organizations,
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 260 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification yards; Information systems; Management information systems; Productivity; Quality of work; Switching; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Management information and control; Yard and terminal information systems; Yard performance; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00129256
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OPPD-76-4
- Contract Numbers: EB-400-0-ARR-849
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM