MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 7, NUMBER 1
The report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports submitted by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) sponsored Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. These case reports are individual, clinical studies of accidents generally involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The Teams investigate each accident in-depth and each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries consist of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants with their injuries, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included.
- See also Volume 6, Number 8, PB-241 647.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 367 p.
- Volume: 7 N
- Issue Number: 1
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash diagrams; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Design standards; Diagrams; Drivers; Fatalities; Highways; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Multidisciplinary teams; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Vehicle occupants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00094625
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801817
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM