SAMPLE STATE ADMINISTRATIVE DRIVER LICENSE SUSPENSION FORMS
In an effort to assist states that may have recently adopted or expect to adopt administrative per se, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has collected sample copies of forms and a brief description of the administrative procedures from selected states with in-place programs. This publication reports on forms and procedures used in 14 states. From a review of state programs, and based upon discussions with state officials, it appears that the most efficient and financially self-sufficient programs probably are those that: (1) Do not stay the revocation pending a hearing or judicial review; and (2) Require the officer to pick up the offender's driver's license and issue a temporary driving permit.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1990-3
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Administrative procedures; Blood alcohol levels; Driver licenses; Drunk driving; Forms (Documents); Per se laws; Revocation; Suspensions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver license suspension
- Old TRIS Terms: Driver license revocation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00496506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-807 547
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM