PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS OF SPACE SYSTEMS: MARINE AND MARITIME USES
Communications, position determination and monitoring of the marine environment are the areas where space applications have the greatest potential. The panel's initial analysis identifies potential users who can apply satellite data systems to their needs. Panel found much documentation of needs in the monitoring area but little user expression of a need in position determination. Attempt is made to forsee significant changes at least to 1990.
- Report of the Panel on Marine and Maritime User to the Space Application Board of the Assembly of Engineering, National Research Council.
National Academy of Sciences2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Ice by location; Monitoring; Navigational satellites; Pollution; Remote sensing; Satellite communication; Satellite navigation systems
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic communications; Ice distribution
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00129238
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Research Council
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 8
- Contract Numbers: NSR 09-012-106
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM