AIR CARRIER POLICIES ON TRANSPORT OF BATTERY POWERED WHEELCHAIRS
The brochure provides a quick reference of air carrier policies for the transport of battery powered wheelchairs. Included is a contact person, a citation for the carrier's policy, a description of the policy and a list of aircraft types flown by each air carrier. Widebody aircraft are able to load and stow battery powered wheelchairs in an uprigt position, however, only some narrow body aircraft can load and stow upright. Included is a chart listing the most commonly used aircraft and indicates which are widebody.
Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board1111 18th Street, NW, Suite 501
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1988-12
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft; Airlines; Electric vehicles; Policy; Wheelchairs; Width
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Energy; Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00496359
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM