DEVELOPMENT OF A WELD PROCEDURE TO REPAIR JOINTS IN A RAILROAD-TYPE TRACK
The report describes the development of a repair procedure for a precision railroad-type track located at the David Taylor Naval Research Center in Carderock, Maryland. The report describes the electrode selection, preheat determination, and other welding parameters that must be controlled to allow a precision repair.
- Pub. in Welding Jnl., v67, no 8, pp17-23, Aug 88.
National Institute of Standards and TechnologyNational Engineering Lab, Thermophysical Properties Division
Boulder, CO United States 80302
- Siewert, T A
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Electrodes; Joints (Engineering); Preheating; Railroad tracks; Repairing; Welded rail; Welding; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Repairs; Welded joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Welding electrodes
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00496357
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1990 12:00AM