URBAN RAIL SUPPORTING TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM FISCAL YEAR 1975. YEAR END SUMMARY
The Urban Rail Supporting Technology Program is described for the 1975 fiscal year period. Important areas include program management, technical support and applications engineering, facilities development, test and evaluation, and technology development. New projects were started in all important areas. Specific technical discussion includes: Technical Support and Applications Engineering, the Crashworthiness of Vehicles, Advanced Concept Train, and Rail Transit System Costs; Facilities Development, Permanent Track Power, Catenary, Wheel truing Machine, and Track Scale; Test and Evaluation, State-of-the-Art Car testing and Revenue Service Demonstration, the testing of existing Revenue Service Vehicles, testing on the UMTA RTTT (Energy Storage Car Gas-Turbine/Electric cars, Standard Light Rail Vehicle, Track Geometry Measurement System, and General Vehicle Test System); Technology Development, Noise Abatement, and Tunneling.
- See also report dated Mar 75, PB-241 239.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Madigan, R J
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashworthiness; Development; Excavation and tunneling; Gas turbines; High speed rail; Light rail transit; Light rail vehicles; Noise control; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Research; Structural design; Technology; Test facilities; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Tunneling; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction; Research and development; Track geometry; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced concept train; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094606
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-75-28 Final Rpt., UMTA-MA-06-0025-75-17
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1982 12:00AM