NS SAVANNAH, EVALUATION OF INSTRUMENTATION FOR DETERMINATION OF POWER LEVELS AND FUEL DEPLETION
The adequacy of existing instrumentation for measuring reactor power levels is evaluated along with study methods for improving this accuracy. Assessment is made of the possibility of using a computer coupled with a recorder for computing and recording power levels for use in determining fuel depletion in the reactor core. The two general investigation categories of power level determination are non-nuclear instruments measuring flow, temperature, and pressure with the possible use of a computer and recorder, and nuclear instruments with a computer and recorder. The extent and estimated degree of accuracy which may be expected with the use of existing and recommended instrumentation equipment is outlined for determining core-depletion rate. An analysis of all pertinent facets of a nuclear instrumentation approach to core-depletion measurement serves as a comparison with existing instrumentation and provides an alternate method for core-depletion rate determination.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ESI-51-1.
Ebasco Services IncorporatedTwo Rector Street
New York, NY United States
States Marine Lines, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1962-1-16
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Instrumentation; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Nuclear reactors
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor instrumentation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026480
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ESI-15-1 Intrm Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-1889
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM