DESIGN OF CURVED I GIRDER BRIDGES
This document is an addendum to the original published Report No. 52, written in March 1973. The purpose of this addendum is to clarify certain misunderstandings in the design procedure and the basic assumptions that were made in developing these design aids. Some of the design aids that were presented in this report are a collection of previously approved data. Report No. 52, only gives the theory involved in developing the dead load design aids. An example problem, used to illustrate the application of these design aids, is also given in Report No. 52 and is discussed. A simplified procedure, which can evaluate the forces in curved girders is also presented.
- Addendum to rept. no. 52 dated Mar 73, PB-236 057.
University of Maryland, College ParkDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College Park, MD United States 20742
Brooklandville, MD United States 21022
- Heins, C P
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending stress; Box beams; Bridge design; Bridges; Curved beams; Design; Dynamic loads; Finite differences; Girder bridges; Girders; I beams; Static loads; Stiffness; Stresses; Structural design; Warpage
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data
- Old TRIS Terms: Stiffness methods
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00094601
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: C.E.-52A Intrm Rpt., FHWA/MD/R-76/3
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM