LOCOMOTIVE UTILIZATION STUDY FOR CONRAIL
This study evaluates the potential for improvement of Conrail's locomoitve fleet effectiveness and control. A centralized locomoitve control system is proposed. Locomotive fleet size projections are given for CRC III, IV, and V. Changes in diesel facilities, maintenance activities and train and yard operations are indicated.
- This study was sponsored by the U.S. Railway Association.
Emerson Consultants, Incorporated30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY USA 10020
United States Railway Association2100 2nd Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20595
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 82 p.
- TRT Terms: Car distribution (Railroads); Horsepower; Locomotive operation; Locomotive shops; Locomotive utilization; Supply; Utilization
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Availability
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive distribution; Locomotive servicing facilities; Motive power
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00129204
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA-R-125
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50115
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM