AIRPORT SURFACE TRAFFIC CONTROL CONCEPT FORMULATION STUDY. VOLUME III. OPERATIONS ANALYSIS OF O'HARE AIRPORT-PART II
The volume presents the results of the quantitative analyses of the O'Hare ASTC System operations. The operations environments for the periods selected for detailed analysis of the ASDE films and controller communications recording are described. Following this, results of the data analyses are presented for the areas of: (1) Aircraft flow analysis, including traffic flow statistics for the ramp, ground taxi, and local control areas; (2) Controller workload analysis, both communications and non-communications; and, (3) Cockpit crew workload analysis, both communications and non-communications. The volume also presents the results of the operations effectiveness analysis for the current O'Hare ASTC system and for the projected future operating environment at O'Hare. The results for the current system include both quantitative and qualitative analysis of the operations observed using the data derived from the functional activity analysis of system operation. The salient findings of this study effort and the conclusions and recommendations derived from these findings are presented.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A022 103 and Volume 4, AD-A022 105.
Computer Sciences Corporation6565 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church, VA United States 22046
Washington, DC United States
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- D'Alessandro, F
- Heiser, W
- Knights, G
- Monteleon, P
- Reffelt, R
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 280 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air traffic controllers; Airport capacity; Airport control towers; Airport runways; Airport surface traffic control; Airport terminals; Airports; Cockpits; Command and control systems; Data analysis; Labor; Management; Mathematical analysis; Measures of effectiveness; Planning; Ramps; Systems engineering; Taxiing; Taxiways; Traffic flow; Workload
- Identifier Terms: Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airspace capacity; Effectiveness; Work
- Geographic Terms: Illinois
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport surface detection equipment; Management planning and control
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00094537
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-75-120-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-678
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM