A REVIEW AND ANALYSIS OF THE HONEYWELL COLLISION AVOIDANCE SYSTEM. PHASE I. VOLUME II: APPENDICES
Contents: Task order; ATA criteria for collision avoidance; Computer simulation of the honeywell CAS; Amplitude discrimination statistics; Probability of occurrence of target splitting; Average communication range; Average interrogation rate; Estimation of asynchronous reply rates; Static traffic model; False-warning rate caused by interactions between asynchronous replies and synchronous replies from individual aircraft; Range rate distribution of targets; Calculation of reduction of pseudotracks by the inhibit/suppression logic.
- See also Volume 1, AD-A021 949.
Institute for Defense Analyses400 Army Navy Drive
Arlington, VA United States 22202
Washington, DC United States
Department of DefenseAdvanced Research Projects Agency
Arlington, VA United States 22209
- Bagnall, JJJ
- Dausin, L R
- Turner, R D
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Aircraft; Aviation safety; Crash avoidance systems; Probability; Simulation
- Identifier Terms: Avoids-1 (Collision avoidance system); Avoids-2 (Collision avoidance system)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airborne
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094529
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-73-151-2 Final Rpt., S-424-Vol-2
- Contract Numbers: DAHC15-73-C-0200
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM