RESEARCH STUDY OF INTERCITY-INTRA-URBAN-INTERFACES (I3). VOLUME I. SUMMARY
The following three-volume report, containing a summary and two expanded volumes studies the facilities at which modes and carriers interconnect. A primary undertaking of the study is to explore ways to increase the efficiency of such facilities (more commonly called terminals) on a metropolitan basis; increased efficiency will improve the economic advantage of the metropolitan area as a transportation and distribution center. Interface behavior is treated through a generalizable system of mathematical models, and these models are applied specifically to a case study of interfaces in the Philadelphia Metroplitan Area. Decision-making regarding interfaces is also investigated through analysis of public policy issues dealing with public and private sectors, Federal and metropolitan authorities, shippers and carriers, passengers, equipment manufacturers, and labor.
- Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-250 110-SET, PC$23.00.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15206
Department of TransportationOffice of Systems Requirements, Plans and Information, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1970-12
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Carriers; Common carriers; Economic efficiency; Economic factors; Economics; Federal government; Freight terminals; Interfaces; Intermodal terminals; Local government; Mathematical models; Metropolitan areas; Metropolitan government; Passenger terminals; Policy; Public policy; Transportation; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Policy; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00094506
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-A9-006
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1977 12:00AM