FREIGHT CAR TRUCK DESIGN OPTIMIZATION. INTRODUCTION AND DETAILED TEST PLANS - SERIES 1, 2, AND 3 TESTS - PHASE I
This document serves as an introduction to the Freight Car Truck Design Optimization Project (TDOP) and presents the detailed test plans for Series 1, 2, and 3 Tests of a contemplated group of four series for that project. Some of the background of the project is given, the development of the test method is described, a description of the instrumentation on the test track and test car and of the facilities of Southern Pacific Transportation Co, (SPT Co.) are given, a data collection and processing plan and analytical procedures for comparing test results with predicted values are presented. A description of the Series 1, 2, and 3 Tests, the contemplated test schedule, and the management structure for the project are also given. In the appendix, the tasks required to be performed by the statement of work for Phase I are outlined.
- This is a prerequisite to the forthcoming interim report covering the test plan for Test Series 4, FRA Report FRA-OR&D 75-60. This document supersedes issue of July 1975. Sponsored by FRA.
Southern Pacific Transportation Company1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94105
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Data collection; Development; Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Instrumentation; Research; Research projects; Snubbers; Spring; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics; Side bearings
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00129153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OR&D 75-59 Intrm Rpt., TDOP-75-11
- Contract Numbers: DOT FR-40023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM