FREIGHT CAR TRUCK DESIGN OPTIMIZATION. DETAILED TEST PLANS FOR SERIES 5 TESTS - PHASE 1
This document presents the detailed test plans for Series 5 Tests of Phase I of the Truck Design Optimization Project. It is a continuation of previous reports for the same project presenting the introduction and detailed test plans for Series 1, 2, and 3 Tests in the first volume and the detailed test plans for Series 4 Tests in the second volume. It includes a description of the trucks and cars to be used in the testing, the basis for selecting them, and a description of the tests themseleves. It lists the instrumentation to be used and the sequence of testing. The reader is referred to the previous documents for details of the instrumentation and data analysis.
- The reports entitled Introduction and Detailed Test Plans For Series 1, 2, and 3 Tests, Phase I, and Detailed Test Plan for Series 4 Tests, Phase I are prereguisite to this document. Sponsorship was from FRA, DOT.
Southern Pacific Transportation Company1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94105
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Defects; Development; Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Rail joints; Railroad tracks; Research; Research projects; Rocking; Rolling; Snubbers; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car dynamics; Rock and roll; Track irregularities; Wheel tread design
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00129152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OR&D 75-82 Intrm Rpt., TDOP-75-153
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM