TRANSPORTATION AND AIR QUALITY: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS' REGIONAL MOBILITY PLAN. STANDING COMMITTEE ON PLANNING
The regional mobility plan for the 5-county Los Angeles Metropolitan region will seek to eliminate millions of daily work trips, increase ridesharing, transit use, high occupancy vehicle lanes, and ramp metering and promote advanced signalization and coordination of key intersections by encouraging a better balance of jobs and housing within subregional areas, managing transportation demand, instituting transportation system management programs and adding new facilities to the existing system.
- Selected Committee Meeting Papers Presented at the Seventy-fifth Annual Meeting of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials in Atlanta, Georgia, October 9-10, 1989.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Gosnell, J R
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: p. 169-171
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; High occupancy vehicle lanes; High occupancy vehicles; Mobility; Regional transportation; Ridesharing; Telecommuting; Traffic congestion; Transportation planning; Transportation system management; Work trips
- Geographic Terms: Los Angeles (California)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00495440
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1990 12:00AM