MAINTENANCE: PAY ME NOW OR PAY ME LATER. HIGHWAY SUBCOMMITTEE ON MAINTENANCE OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE ON HIGHWAYS
There always seems to be money for highway construction while highway maintenance and repair are often overlooked. The need to make budgetary provisions for and to establish preventive maintenace programs for highway maintenance and repair on "good pavements" before they deteriorate seriously or to the point of uselessness is promoted. Oklahoma's experiences with this issue as well as projections as to future needs serves as an example which emphasizes the gravity of the situation.
- Selected Committee Meeting Papers Presented at the Seventy-fifth Annual Meeting of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials in Atlanta, Georgia, October 9-10, 1989.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Byers, S C
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: p. 145-153
- TRT Terms: Highway maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Planning; Preventive maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Maintenance costs
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00495437
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1990 12:00AM