REPORT ON TEST OF STELLITE #3 GUIDE BUSHINGS WITH H1025 AND H1100 SHAFTS FOR BUFFER SEALS
Tests determine the wearability of two chrome plated 17-4 PH shafts in guide bushing service for buffer seal applications on water reactor control rods. Age hardening specifications in ranges of 1015 - 1035 degrees and 1075 - 1100 degrees made mechanical straightening unnecessary. Each test provided 25,000 feet of travel of a dummy seal shaft with a 3-inch stroke over each wear point. The shaft was supported in two fixed bushings with a 120-pound loaded floating bushing between them. The tests were conducted with water of reactor purity taken from the loop for the buffer seal tests.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number S-7-TS.
Stein Seal Company20th Street and Indiana Avenue
Philadelphia, PA United States
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyNew York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1962-9-21
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Sealing compounds
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor control systems; Seal materials
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026466
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1973 12:00AM