PREVENTIVE PAYOFF IS BIG
Discussed is how Burlington Northern's preventive maintenance program is yielding greater productivity from a smaller fleet of better maintained units and its plans to further reduce its fleet and improve service by shopping a larger number of cars this time around. This maintenance program has also resulted in reducing the total number of cars rejected during service by one half.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 1990-6
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Improvements; Level of service; Preventive maintenance; Productivity
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00495373
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1990 12:00AM