FREIGHT CAR TRUCK DESIGN OPTIMIZATION. LITERATURE SEARCH. VOLUME II
Volume II of the TDOP Literature Search contains the sections entitled: "Truck Components" and "Track-Train Dynamics As Related To Truck Performance." Each of the two sections contains: An introduction dealing with literature selected for reprinting, Reprints of articles judged particularly representative or salient, A bibliography alphabetized by author. The "Bibliography--Truck Components" is further organized into the following subsections: Brakes and Brake Rigging; Centerplates; Side Frames and Bolsters; Snubbers and Dampers; Springs; Wheels, Axles, and Roller Bearings; Miscellaneous Component Systems.
- Record URL:
- This interim report represents the Second of a three volume set. Volume I (RRIS 02 129104) and Volume III (RRIS 02 129106) bear the same report number with A and C suffixes respectively.
Southern Pacific Transportation CompanyTechnical Research and Development Group
San Francisco, CA United States 94105
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 198 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Bolsters; History; Hunting (Dynamics); Research projects; Ride quality; Snubbers; Spring; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck and bolster systems
- Subject Areas: Design; History; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00129105
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-OR&D-75-81B Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM