MARYLAND HIGHWAY DRAINAGE STUDY. VOLUME II. A COMPARISON OF MARYLAND HIGHWAY DRAINAGE PRACTICES WITH THOSE OF OTHER AGENCIES
One of the key objectives of the Highway Drainage Study is a review of Maryland State Highway Administration drainage practice and comparing it with the approaches followed by other states. In developing this comparison of Maryland State Highway Administration drainage practices with those of other agencies, the Highway Departments of the states of Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, and California were contacted. The report includes discussions of some of the key information contained in the drainage manuals of these other states and comparisons with the material included in Interim Hydraulic criteria for the Design of Highways used by Maryland. Emphasis is placed on the methods used to determine peak discharges because this area shows the greatest variability among the states.
- Prepared in cooperation with Maryland State Highway Administration, Brooklandville. Bureau of Research. See also Volume 3, PB-249557.
University of Maryland, College ParkDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College Park, MD United States 20742
Washington, DC United States 20590
Brooklandville, MD United States 21022
- Ragan, R M
- Sterberg, Y M
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Drainage; Highways; Peak discharge; Reviews; State departments of transportation; Storm sewers; Subsurface drainage; Surface drainage; Systems analysis
- Geographic Terms: California; Connecticut; Delaware; Kentucky; Maryland; Massachusetts; New Jersey; New York (State); North Carolina; Ohio; Pennsylvania; South Carolina; Tennessee; Virginia; West Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway drainage
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00094423
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AW074-073-046-2 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1977 12:00AM