TRACKED LEVITATED RESEARCH VEHICLE PERIODIC TEST SUMMARY REPORT INDEPENDENT CUSHION SUSPENSION AEROPROPELLED-SMOOTH GUIDEWAY
The results of the first tests of the aeropropelled Tracked Levitated Research Vehicle (TLRV) in the smooth guideway at the Transportation Test Center (TTC) are presented for the TLRV in the Independent Cushion Suspension mode. Vehicle and cushion dynamic response behavior are discussed. Braking performance is presented for the speed range from 0 to 90 mph.
- See also PB-249 259.
Grumman Aerospace Corp.Bethpage, NY USA
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Fischer, G
- Zetkov, G
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Braking; Dynamic loads; Ground effect; Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Magnetic levitation vehicles; Roughness; Speed control; Suspension systems; Test vehicles; Tests; Tracked air cushion vehicles; Tracked vehicles; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Dynamic vehicle performance; Guideway roughness
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094413
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PMT-B4-R75-1 Summ Rpt., FRA/ORD/D-76-130
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-30041
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM