CHARACTERIZATION AND SIMULATION OF A UNIT INJECTOR
The characteristics of the diesel engine unit injector were studied both theoretically and experimentally. The transient fuel pressure in the unit injector was indirectly measured by using strain gauges placed in different locations on the drive train, between the cam and plunger. The events which take place during the injection process were analyzed and the effects of several design and operating variables on the different injection parameters were determined. Computer simulation showed a fairly good agreement between computed and experimental results.
- Presented at a meeting held Sept. 8-11, 1975.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Henein, N A
- Singh, T
- Rozanski, J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Combustion; Diesel engines; Instrumentation; Simulation
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00129083
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 750773 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM