TECHNOLOGY SHARING: A GUIDE TO ASSISTANCE IN OBTAINING AND USING RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND DEMONSTRATION OUTPUTS
The report includes information on the Department's policy and general approach to technology sharing, an overview of the sharing/assistance mechanisms, the specific mechanisms and activities of the various operating administrations and the Office of the Secretary, and interagency programs aimed at improving federal coordination. Programs are broken out in four general categories: field support and direct assistance, information services, training programs, and RD&D programs. Appendices are included which provide information on grant and financial assistance which is available, intergovernmental personnel and training, excerpts from the Secretary's policy statement, and a summary chart of the programs contained in the report. Throughout the report, specific contacts are provided as sources of further information.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Coordination; Development; Federal aid; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Highways; Information organization; Information storage and retrieval systems; Information systems; Local government; Project management; Public transit; Research; State government; Technical assistance; Technology; Technology transfer; Traffic safety; Training; Training devices; Transportation; Transportation departments
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Department of Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs; Information exchange; Projects; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00094411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-76-51 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM