VENT AND STATION TEST (VST) FACILITY - SPECIAL AND COMPLEX VENT SHAFT TESTING
This report has been prepared under the Transit Development Corporation, Inc. (TDC) project, 'Ventilation and Environmental Control in Subway Rapid Transit System' and is one of many such reports leading to the final product a 'Subway Environmental Design Handbook.' The purpose of this particular report is to present and describe the testing of special and more complex vent shafts. A generalized theory is formulated as an extension of this and previous VST work. Comparison between theory and experiment, according to the authors, is good.
- Prepared by Departmental Sciences, Inc., City of Industry, Calif. Aerospace Technology Div. See also PB-212 335.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1730 M Street, NW, Suite 911
Washington, DC United States 20036
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Departmental Science, IncorporatedAerospace Technology Division
City of Industry, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 230 p.
- TRT Terms: Air; Atmospheric circulation; Environmental control; Environmental engineering; Environmental impacts; Flow; Rail transit facilities; Shafts (Machinery); Structural design; Subways; Testing; Tunnels; Urban transportation; Ventilation systems; Vents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air flow; Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Environment; Highways; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094405
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0010-73-5
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-290
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 2003 12:00AM