GUIDELINES FOR PARKING FACILITY LOCATION AND DESIGN. A SUMMARY REPORT
This is a summary of a report that is being proposed as a Recommended Practice of the Institute of Transportation Engineers. The proposed guidelines retain much of the location material published in the Highway Research Board publication, 'Parking Principles.' However, the design information is rewritten to incorporate new data, with further consideration of small car separation techniques and with the addition of a section on handicapped parking. The report also includes a chapter on driveways. This article describes stall and aisle dimensions for large cars, small cars, composite parking, and handicapped parking.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/614107147
- By ITE Technical Council Committee 5D-8.
- Publication Date: 1990-4
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: p. 13-16
- TRT Terms: Compact automobiles; Design; Guidelines; Large automobiles; Location; Parking facilities; Persons with disabilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Large car; Small car
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society; Terminals and Facilities; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00494800
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1990 12:00AM