ULTIMATE LOAD BEHAVIOR OF FULL-SCALE HIGHWAY TRUSS BRIDGES
As a result of the construction of the Saylorville Dam and Reservoir on the Des Moines River, six highway bridges crossing the river were scheduled for removal. One of these, an old pin-connected, high-truss, single-lane bridge, was selected for a comprehensive testing program which included ultimate load tests, service load tests, and a supplementary test program. A second bridge was used for a limited service load test program. The results of the research are detailed in two interim reports. The first interim report outlines the ultimate load tests and the second interim report details the results of the service load and supplementary test program. This report presents a summary of these findings along with recommendations for implementation of the findings.
- Sponsored in part by Iowa State Dept. of Transportation, Ames. See also reported dated May, 75, PB-244704.
Iowa State University, AmesEngineering Experiment Station
Ames, IA USA 50011
Washington, DC USA 20590
Iowa Department of Transportation800 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA USA 50010
- Sanders Jr, W W
- Elleby, H A
- Klaiber, F W
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Breaking loads; Bridge decks; Field tests; Framed structures; Highway bridges; Load tests; Loads; Truss bridges; Trusses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Joists
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00094404
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISU-ERI-Ames-76035 Summ. Rpt., FHWA/IA-75-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1977 12:00AM