METALLURGICAL REPORT ON 1300 DEGREE F MGCR GAS TURBINE
Several elevated temperature alloys were evaluated by stressrupture and fatigue tests in various environments for use in a 1300 F, closed cycle, nuclear powered gas turbine. Most tests were made in helium, the gas chosen for use in the cycle. A few cursory tests were made in air, CO2, and helium mixtures containing small amounts of air, and CO plus CO2. The following alloys were evaluated in stressrupture: Discaloy, W-545, And D-979 at 1200 F; Inconel X and Inco 713C at 1300 F; and Inco 700 at 1500 F. The test conditions in the fatigue evaluation were: Discaloy at 1200 F; W-545 at 1100 and 1200 F; D-979 at 1100 and 1200 F; Inconel X at 1300 F; Inco 713C at 1100, 1300 and 1500 F; and Inco 700 at 1500 F.
- Work performed by Westinghouse Electric Corporation for General Dynamics under subcontract.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA USA 02169
- Publication Date: 1961-4-1
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment tests; Gas turbines; Nuclear reactors; Radioactive materials; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor materials; Nuclear reactor testing; Test evaluation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026449
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: GA-2696
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)187
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 1 1973 12:00AM