SYNERGISM IN RESEARCH-GENERATED SOFTWARE. ADMINISTRATIVE SUBCOMMITTEE ON COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE ON ADMINISTRATION
As resources to fund transportation projects is diminishing, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials' Joint Development program which pools money to develop and maintain computer products which the indivudual states would not be able to continue or develop on their own, is providing a valuable service. The Federal Highway Administration thinks so much of AASHTO's program that it has joined forces with AASHTO both in finances and personnel on several projects. By combining efforts, unneeded products can be avoided, duplication of efforts minimized, field testing of products enhanced and encouraged, and the dissemination and use of technology transfer available sooner. This type of cooperation allows benefits to reach the local level.
- Selected Committee Meeting Papers presented at the Seventy-Fourth Annual Meeting of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials in Wichita, Kansas, December 5-6, 1988.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Jackson, L
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: p. 17-20
- TRT Terms: Cooperation; Coordination; Cost effectiveness; Joint development; Microcomputers; Software; State departments of transportation; Synergism (Ecology)
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Synergistic
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00494690
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1990 12:00AM