CONTINUING PROJECT TO SYNTHESIZE INFORMATION ON HIGHWAY PROBLEMS
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials has, through the mechanism of the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP), authorized the Transportation Research Board to undertake a continuing study, NCHRP Project 20-5, "Synthesis of Information Related to Highway Problems." Reports from this endeavor constitute an NCHRP report series, Synthesis of Highway Practice, that collects and assembles the various forms of information into single concise documents pertaining to specific highway problems or sets of closely related problems. The Syntheses of Highway Practice that have been completed under this project are listed in Table 1 of this Digest, along with 2 Research Results Digests on topics studied under the project. Work currently underway is listed in Table 2. NCHRP Committee SP20-5 meets each Fall to select topics for study using funds from the upcoming fiscal year. The membership of this committee is given in Table 3. Topics selected for the current program are listed in Table 4. Table 5 contains an index to published syntheses and topics now under study, as well as those expected to be started through 1990. Also included are corrections to errors in published Syntheses 118, 138, 140, 144 and 147.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1989-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- NCHRP Research Results Digest
- Issue Number: 172
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Documents; Highways; Information management; Information, data, and knowledge; Reports; Research
- Identifier Terms: National Cooperative Highway Research Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Publications
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00494475
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: May 31 1990 12:00AM