PREPARATION OF AND AN AQUEOUS EMULSION BLACKTOP DRESSING COMPOSITION CONTAINING TIRE RUBBER
In the patent application, discarded used automobile tires are ground to powder form and incorporated into bitumens (asphalt or coal tar) by high-shear blending and controlled heating. The blended material is then emulsified to form a water suspension by high-speed stirring, using suitable dispersing chemicals, extenders, fillers, etc., to form a material suitable for use as black top dressing for treatment of driveways, parking lots, highways, etc. The tire rubber content of the resin portion (rubber + bitumen) preferably can vary from 5 to 25 percent.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Environmental Protection Agency401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20460
- Brand, B G
- Publication Date: 1975-9-5
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Bitumen; Bituminous coatings; Bituminous materials; Coal tars; Emulsions; Flexible pavements; Land reclamation; Patent applications; Patents; Pitch (Materials); Recycling; Solid waste disposal; Surface treating; Tires
- Old TRIS Terms: Bitumen emulsions; Bituminous surfacing; Reclamation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00094325
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-547 158 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1976 12:00AM