SOLVING THE ROCK BURST PROBLEM WITH "SWELLEX"
The use of long Swellex bolts proved highly successful in preventing rock bursts in hard, brittle rock, on the second Kan-Etsu Tunnel in Japan. These bolts proved to be reliable in hard rock as well as in water bearing rock. A detailed discussion is given as to the process of elimination used prior to selecting Swellex and on rock bursts and how they are formed.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0041414X
Morgan-Grampian (Construction Press) LimitedMorgan-Grampian House, 30 Calderwood Street
London SE18 6QH, England
- Stillborg, E B
- HAMRIN, H
- Publication Date: 1990-3
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Tunnels & Tunnelling International
- Volume: 22
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Progressive Media Markets, Ltd
- ISSN: 0041-414X
- TRT Terms: Brittleness; Residual stress; Rockbolts
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock bursts
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00493815
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM