PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND ROAD 2000. HOW SHOULD PUBLIC TRANSPORT REACT TO EUROPE-WIDE RESEARCH INITIATIVES DESIGNED FOR AFTER THE YEAR 2000?
Some of the advanced transportation system management programs for Europe such as LISB, Prometheus, and DRIVE are reviewed with a view as to how they can be beneficial to public transport despite their private transportation orientation.
- French title is: Transport Public et Route 2000 and german title is: OPNV und Strassenverkehr 2000.
Brussels, Belgium BE-1080
- NICKEL, B E
- Publication Date: 1989-11
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 333-352
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Information dissemination; Onboard navigational aids; Public transit; Route guidance; Safety; Transportation system management
- Geographic Terms: Europe
- Old TRIS Terms: On board
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00493759
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol 38-4/1989
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM