PARTNERSHIPS FOR INNOVATION: PRIVATE-SECTOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO INNOVATION IN THE HIGHWAY INDUSTRY
This synthesis will be of interest to administrators, researchers, and private-sector business leaders in the highway industry. Information is presented on how the public and private sectors can promote innovation in the highway field. The highway industry needs to encourage on a national and state level the introduction of innovative new technologies in design, construction, operations, and maintenance. This report of the Transportation Research Board describes the current practices of federal, state, provincial, and local governments to foster innovation in the highway industry. Reasons for the very limited successes of the past are discussed, and suggestions for creating an industry environment in which innovation will take place are made.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0309045592
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Byrd, L G
- Publication Date: 1989-12
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- NCHRP Synthesis of Highway Practice
- Issue Number: 149
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0547-5570
- TRT Terms: Governments; Highway design; Highway maintenance; Highway operations; Innovation; Private enterprise; Public private partnerships; Road construction; Technological innovations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00493707
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0-309-04559-2
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM