BIG BROTHER IS MAPPING!
There is a source of data for automating mapping operations of which many may be unaware: the Earth Science Information Center, U.S. Geological Survey, 507 National Center, Reston, Virginia 22092 provides digital cartographic and geographic data, which is referred to as US GeoData. Fact sheets, user guides, price lists, and order forms are available upon request. US GeoData is digital planimetric, elevation, and geographic names information from which you can plot your own computerized maps and conduct spatial analyses. Applications can range from geologic assessments and soil surveys to geographic names analyses and resources management. Features include boundaries, transportation, hydrography, and land survey systems. Data format conversion software for use with US GeoData is available from several major manufacturers. This article provides explanations of elevation data, planimetric data, and geographic names information.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1606878
Public Works Journal Corporation200 South Broad Street
Ridgewood, NJ United States 07451
- Sneath, V
- Publication Date: 1990-4
- Pagination: p. 66-68
- TRT Terms: Altitude; Digital mapping; Geography; Mapping
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data; Elevation
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital cartography; Planimetry; Us geodata
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00493644
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1990 12:00AM