SHIPPING IN THE THIRD WORLD: AN ASSESSMENT OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF DRY CARGO TRADES 1980, 1985 AND 1990
Reviews the current involvement of the Third World nations in the dry cargo trades and the current character and size of their fleets. Assessments are made as to the future growth of the dry cargo trades, which is related to the minimum fleet requirement of the developing nations, if they adhere to the Code of Conduct for the Liner Conferences, and if this Code is applied to all dry cargo trades. The survey, in meeting its objectives, also analyzes the diseconomies which may occur under widescale implementation of cargo reservation legislation.
Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) LimitedPalladium House, 1-4 Argyll Street
London W1V 1AD, England
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo preference; Competition; Fleet management; Forecasting; Foreign; International trade; Liner shipping; Shipping conferences; Trade; Trend (Statistics); Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: International competition
- Old TRIS Terms: Conference operations; Foreign maritime development; Trade development
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00129002
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 19 1976 12:00AM