A STUDY OF REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMERCIAL VESSEL SURVIVAL SYSTEMS
The report presents results and recommendations of a study of survival-system requirements for commercial vessels. Data on commercial vessel classifications, commercial vessel trends, and life-saving equipment are presented. Summaries of casualty records pertinent to establishing needs for survival systems are included and analyzed. Survival-system requirements are expressed in terms of functions based on need.
- See also report dated Jan 74, AD-786 662.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH USA 43201
- Baum, J B
- Tierney, J M
- Hill, T E
- Coyle, A J
- Doerschuk, D C
- Publication Date: 1975-2-20
- Pagination: 320 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Fatalities; Maritime crashes; Prevention; Rescue equipment; Safety; Ship classification; Survival
- Old TRIS Terms: Casualty data; Ship casualties
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00128993
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-80A-75 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-23223-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM