HOW TO SET UP A LOCAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SERVICE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Intended for small urban and rural areas, the document describes the steps necessary to set up public transportation services. Such subjects as estimating costs, obtaining funding, marketing the service, subsidizing a taxi operator, setting up a non-profit corporation to run the service, and developing the required forms for transit record-keeping are covered. The objective of the study was to provide a simple, straightforward guidebook for local officials and private groups to use in establishing public transit services.
Fresno County Council of Governments, CaliforniaFresno, CA United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hart, K
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; City planning; Corporations; Costs; Estimates; Finance; Grant aid; Guidelines; Marketing; Persons with disabilities; Public transit; Rural areas; Small cities; Taxicab drivers; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Fund allocations
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00094241
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FCOG/TR-001 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 29 2003 12:00AM