SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES PLAN
An Emergency Medical Services (EMS) plan for a seven-county area in Southeastern Wisconsin is presented which is based on data from several State agencies. The need for emergency services in general and for emergency communications, ambulance and rescue services, personnel and training facilities, and education is documented from an historical perspective. Background information is given on t establishment of the Comprehensive Health Planning Agency of Southeastern Wisconsin, the agency responsible for an EMS system. The functions and components of an EMS system are described. The proposed plan is based on six components--communications, personnel training, transportation, hospital emergency facilities, public information and education, and regional system development and operation. Each program component is defined, goals are set, and specific objectives to meet the overall goals are suggested. The present status of the program component is analyzed, and recommendations for improving services are presented. Recommendations for implementation and evaluation of the plan are included. Appendices contain a roster of the Wisconsin Emergency Medical Services Council, organizational and operational guidelines, a discussion of central dispatch and universal entry points, description of the emergency telephone number, emergency services legislation, essential ambulance equipment, The Wisconsin Ambulance Reporting System, and data from a 1973 Study Report by the Wisconsin Department of Health and Social Services Division of Health.
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Comprehensive Health Planning Agn of SE WisconsinMilwaukee, WI United States
Wisconsin Regional Medical ProgramMilwaukee, WI United States
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 193 p.
- TRT Terms: Ambulances; Communications; Emergency medical services; Emergency vehicles; Health; Health care; Health care facilities; Health care services; Hospitals; Local government; Medical personnel; Medical services; Parking facilities; Plans (Drawings); Regional planning; Regions; State government; States; Training; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Emergency parking bays; Health care delivery; Health care utilization; Health occupations; Plans; State regions
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00094204
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-027 321U
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 29 1985 12:00AM