APPLICATION OF U.S. NAVY POLLUTION ABATEMENT TECHNOLOGY TO LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AND INDUSTRIES
Water pollution abatement technology within the U.S. Navy was evaluated and compared with the needs of the civilian sector, particularly municipalities, industries, and the boating community. Since the Navy technology appeared to have potential application within the civilian sector, recommendations were made as to methods for improving the transfer of the technology. One potential transfer vehicle that was utilized was a one-day workshop entitled 'Workshop on the Application of Pollution Abatement Technology to Local Governments,' held in Annapolis on October 16, 1974. The workshop was sponsored by the Naval Ship Research and Development Center.
CADCOM IncorporatedAnnapolis, MD United States
- Copithorn, R R
- Griffin, D L
- Heller, C O
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil spills; Pollution control; Technology transfer; Wastewater; Water pollution
- Old TRIS Terms: Pollution abatement measures; Vessel wastes
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00128984
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CADCOM-75-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-74-C-0058
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM