AN INTEGRATED INERTIAL REFERENCE-INERTIAL NAVIGATION SYSTEM
The patent application described and disclosed herein consists of, but is not limited to, a unique integrated inertial reference-inertial navigational system including a local-level inertial platform system, an inertially referenced gyro system, an accurate clock, accelerometers, a computer system and a device which provides data with which distance to earth's center can be computed. The basic innovation is the use of angular differences which develop between the space fixed inertial axes and the local level inertial system axes, in conjunction with clock time to solve the navigation problem. The navigational capabilities of this basic system can be enhanced by several levels of mechanization complexity; the mechanization described herein utilizes the computer to store data, provide executive control and compare data generated by the various sensors to optimize the navigational accuracy.
- Government-owned invention. Available for licensing.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- McDonald, F W
- Publication Date: 1975-5-6
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Inertial navigation systems; Integrated systems; Navigation systems; Patents
- Old TRIS Terms: Integrated navigation systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00128979
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pat. Appl.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM