DESIGN CRITERIA FOR HYDROFOIL HULL BOTTOM PLATING (A PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF RESEARCH ON SLAMMING)
This report introduces a method for calculating pressure distributions on the hull bottom of a craft that is subjected to slamming loads at high cruising speed in waves. Design procedure and criteria for hydrofoil hull bottom plating and structure are included and examples given of their utilization in applications of the method. Various existing theories and methods on slamming are included in summary form for purposes of review and comparison.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD USA 20084
- Chuang, S L
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Hulls; Hydrofoil boats; Plating (Ships); Pressure; Slamming
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull plating; Pressure distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128977
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3509-Rev
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM